Thursday, November 12, 2015

Tutorial Thursday - Tent Card








Hi ladies, Alina here today with Tutorial Thursday
I'm going to show you how I made this tent card (the tutorial exists already at Splitcoaststampers), with an extra panel inside, which you can decorate as you wish.

You can start with a 30x13,5cm piece of cardstock, which you must fold in half and another 12,5x14cm piece of cardstock or patterned paper, which you must adhere to the front of the card (photo 2).









Unfold the card and place a shape die in the middle of the card front (or simply use a hobby knife and a ruler) and cut a ''window''. My ''window'' is a rectangle 8,2x11cm.








Then you will need a 8x4cm piece of cardstock, which you must fold in half and adhere it at the back of the panel you've just cut (like on photo 6).








Use some sticky tape on the other half of the small piece of cardstock, like in the picture below, fold the card and place the panel back to its place like on photo 8.









 You will get something like this: a card with an extra panel which hangs right in the middle inside.








Now you need a 13,5x7,5cm piece of cardstock, which you must score at 1,5cm, 3,75cm and 6cm and then fold the score lines like on the picture below.




Adhere this piece of cardstock on the inside of the card, like on the picture below.




Now you can decorate the card as you wish. The beautiful die cuts I used are made using the gorgeous Scroll Bracket Die

My card is not finished on this picture below, that's why I'm going to invite you tomorrow, same time, same place, because Friday Team, including me :) , has some beautiful cards to share and you can see how I decorated this card.




I hope you like the idea and if you have any questions, I would be happy to help.
See you tomorrow!!!
Hugs,

Alina

5 comments: